About This Item

Share This Item

The AAPG/Datapages Combined Publications Database

AAPG Bulletin


Volume: 21 (1937)

Issue: 8. (August)

First Page: 1079

Last Page: 1082

Title: Wildcat Drilling in 1935 and 1936

Author(s): Frederic H. Lahee (2)


A study of wildcat drilling in the Gulf Coast Plain during 1935 and 1936 indicates that between 7 and 11 per cent of all such holes opened new oil or gas pools, the remaining 93-89 per cent having been dry. These figures speak eloquently of the risk involved in wildcat drilling. The suggestion is made that a comprehensive study of this factor be undertaken for other parts of the United States, and annually.

Pay-Per-View Purchase Options

The article is available through a document delivery service. Explain these Purchase Options.

Watermarked PDF Document: $14
Open PDF Document: $24

AAPG Member?

Please login with your Member username and password.

Members of AAPG receive access to the full AAPG Bulletin Archives as part of their membership. For more information, contact the AAPG Membership Department at [email protected].