About This Item
- Full TextFull Text(subscription required)
- Pay-Per-View PurchasePay-Per-View
Purchase Options Explain
Share This Item
Application of High Precision Pressure Measurements in Reservoir Evaluation
A high accuracy pressure sensor coupled with a high accuracy temperature sensor provides measurements which, by their absolute precision and resolution, permit appreciation of reservoir and well characteristics not detectable by conventional gauges.
A temperature sensor is necessary not only for obtaining a reliable measurement but, since any significant pressure variation is accompanied by a temperature change, the latter should also be taken into account when calculating the absolute pressure.
The measuring system developed and operated by Flopetrol is composed of:
• Integrated pressure/temperature gauge
• Surface panel with mini-computer
• Light weight winch for monoconductor (1/8") cable
Well head pressure control system.
Four case histories describing various applications in fields operated by the Company ELF AQUITAINE are presented:
1) Determination of gas/water contact in the reservoir by the gradient intercept method.
2) Pulse testing to evaluate reservoir communication without shut-in of the responding well.
3) Determination of gas reserves after a production test by material balance based on two static pressure measurements.
4) Application of interference test technique in a fractured reservoir to evaluate the fracture system volume.
Pay-Per-View Purchase Options
The article is available through a document delivery service. Explain these Purchase Options.
|Protected Document: $10|
|Internal PDF Document: $14|
|Open PDF Document: $24|