About This Item
- Full TextFull Text(subscription required)
- Pay-Per-View PurchasePay-Per-View
Purchase Options Explain
Share This Item
The State of Stress in the Earth Crust: Its Importance in Petroleum Engineering
One of the most fundamental points of interest to a petroleum engineer, whether they be a driller, a geologist, a reservoir engineer or a frac specialist, is the state of stress prevailing in the deep rock beds.
This paper is divided into three parts. In the first part, we explain the different origins of the "geostatic state of stress". In the second, we will compare two different methods for measuring stresses and define the main technical and economic advantages of each.
In the third part, some examples of applications have been developed:
– The importance of the state of stress in hydraulic fracturing;
– The influence of the state of stress on the stability of wells;
– The influence of the state of stress on reservoir properties;
– Stress and tectonic.
Pay-Per-View Purchase Options
The article is available through a document delivery service. Explain these Purchase Options.
|Protected Document: $10|
|Internal PDF Document: $14|
|Open PDF Document: $24|